88 people killed in one day in Lebanon following Israeli raids


|

The Lebanese Health Ministry said Thursday evening that it had counted “88 martyrs and 153 wounded in Israeli raids on the country over the past 24 hours,” as the Israeli army continues its most violent and widespread attack against Lebanon since the clashes. with Hezbollah began about a year ago.

Israeli fighters launched dozens of successive airstrikes on the south, the Bekaa and Mount Lebanon, including the Kahala region.

The planes attacked the town of Baalbek and several towns in the region, as well as other towns in the Zahle and West Bekaa districts of eastern Lebanon.

Dozens of towns were also targeted in the districts of Sidon, Tyre, Bint Jbeil, Marjayoun, Hasbaya and Jezzine in southern Lebanon.

Al Jazeera correspondent reported that Israeli raids targeted towns in the central Bekaa, eastern Lebanon, on Thursday evening.

Lebanese Health Minister Firas Al-Abyad said in statements to CNN that more than 40 health workers had been killed in attacks this week.

He explained that ambulances are directly targeted, stressing that they must be protected by law.

Bouhabib warns

For his part, Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bouhabib declared in a speech to the United Nations General Assembly that the tense situation in Lebanon portends the worst in the Middle East.

Bouhabib stressed that Lebanon “is experiencing a crisis which threatens its existence and the future of its people and requires international intervention”, reiterating the warning against the growing aggression and the attempt to drag the entire Middle East in the great explosion, as he said. .

The Lebanese Foreign Minister said that the Israeli occupation is the cause of everything his country is currently experiencing, noting that Lebanon has repeatedly tried to resolve border issues with Israel, “but it has evaded and ignored this “.

Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bouhabib delivers his speech to the United Nations General Assembly (Reuters)

On the other hand, the Israeli army said in a statement that it attacked – on Thursday – around 220 Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, including party fighters, missile launch pads and weapons storage facilities, according to the press release.

On the other hand, Hezbollah announced that it had carried out 11 attacks with missiles and drones against Israeli barracks and sites, including Safed, Kiryat Shmona, Kiryat Ata, Ahihud and the Shimshon and Mishar bases.

Since last Monday, the Israeli army has launched a massive attack against Lebanon, nicknamed “Arrows of the North”. The bombings resulted in the deaths of more than 700 people, including children and women, around 2,600 injured and the displacement of tens of thousands of residents.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *